Two great benefits of Amex Platinum is their annual $200 travel credit and access to FHR.
How We Made Use of Both Over the Long Weekend
In general, you get the following benefits at these FHR properties:
- Noon check-In, when available
- Room Upgrade upon arrival, when available*
- Daily breakfast for two people
- In-Room Wi-Fi, exclusions apply**
- Guaranteed 4pm late checkout
- Additional special amenity unique to each property, such as a $100 food and beverage credit or a massage for two people
For this particular hotel, we got the following:
- $40/person per day for breakfast
- $100 credit for the hotel that can be used for their valet parking (they only have valet parking)
- 4pm checkout
- Upgraded to a suite
An easy way to find FHR hotels and benefits: https://www.fhrnews.com/
For the weekend we booked, the online rate i found was $269/night which was the same as the price that the Amex Concierge quoted me. Perfect, same price, with all the FHR benefits! In addition to the added benefits, we used the $200/year travel credit, which reduced our two night stay down to $169/night!
We had a wonderful time at our hotel. Below are some pictures!
Bathroom (there were two identical washrooms in our suite)
Breakfast Day 1 - $80 After Tax
Lobster Eggs Benedict
Steak and Eggs
Breakfast Day 2 during Brunch - $70 After Tax
Small Fruit Cup