I've been recently pulled into a project that provides agents with price recommendations for people that contact them. The third party building this, let's call them LidAries, has already implemented the "system" once for a counterpart.
The system is built on two parts
- A front end GUI that can present the actual price via an API call to the billing system
- A front end GUI that also pulls data from a static Excel spreadsheet
Every time our company needs to update the pricing in the left portion of the wireframe,
- we must submit a request with an updated spreadsheet
- size the request
- schedule resources
- coordinate ensure it fits within other project timelines
The whole point of the system is to simplify management, and this does not do not.
How would I design this?
- Replace the left static data with either a daily API call to grab all the current prices, or
- Live API calls to grab the offers
- Add a front end GUI for management to check boxes to allow them to modify the pricing to be offered
Pretty much, anything other than managing a manual spreadsheet guaranteed to have typos. Just ask the EU about Greece ;) Just like Greece, this is a GREAT way to get money from people.