Quarantine life means finding ways to spend time at home. That means video games!
Installed Steam and looked for a free racing game. Found Raceroom Racing Experience.
Installed it, but it wouldn't run.
- Open Steam
- Go to Library -> Raceroom Racing Experience
- Press the gears setting icon, Manage, Browse Local Files
- Find RRE.exe
- Run that and it will give you the actual error.
- This lead to XINPUT1_3.dll missing
- Went here: https://www.reddit.com/r/windows/comments/3ohcmb/direct_x_isnt_working_on_windows_10_xinput1_3dll/cxz3fus/
- Installed: https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=35&40ddd5bd-f9e7-49a6-3526-f86656931a02=True
- Game starts now!