Purchased Xiaomi Mi Max 3 with Xiaomi.eu ROM pre-installed (https://tradingshenzhen.com/en/mi-max-3/1302-mi-max3-6gb-ram-128gb-rom-snapdragon-636.html)
Tried to get settings/data/apps transferred from old phone to new, but none of the Google set up prompts appeared on boot.
- Download two items to phone - 1) Most recent ROM 2) OpenGApps
- Flash phone with most current ROM - link (download to phone, reboot to TWRP ( Volume Up + Power), install ROM)
- Flash phone with OpenGApps
- Boot phone - if you get stuck in the boot logo, power-off and power-on again
- Once booted, you'll now see the Google Set Up prompts